Saturday, November 10, 2007

so... facebook marketplace has scammers also!

So, I have a couple of event tickets I'm selling for the Worlds Largest Disco party taking place @ the Buffalo Convention Center this month, November 24th. I use craigslist often, and eBay often to market items I have for sale, but I never used facebook. So I tried it out, the total was $4 to list them. Within a few days I got this response::

Hello,
I am Michael Walters. I saw your advert about the item(World's Largest Disco VIP Ticket 11/24/07 Buffalo) you wanted to sell and i will like to know more about the item. Kindly let me know the asking price, condition and the availability of the item ..Email me at mikewalt2004@gmail.com for immediate response.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Email:
Mikewalt2004@gmail.com

Michael W.


[btw, I need to learn how to indent for easier blog reading. If you know, please comment with advice on my formatting]


SUUUURE... let me respond and tell you the my TICKETS are in excellent condition! There are available today at the price I listed them for, duh! Damn, will any marketplace ever be free of scamers?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very similar situation. I received this on Facebook from the same guy (Mike Walters).



"Hello,
I am very happy to read from you.. i really need this item urgently and i will want you to sell this item to me.I want you to know that I am a very good customer and I like to have a good business relationship with anybody I deal with in business either around or outside the country.

I am ready to make payment for the item .The payment will come in form of a Money Order Or Certified Cashier Checks. That is the payment method i used in doing my own business over 5years and I still continue to have good business relationship with my clients.

I have a shipping agent who takes care of my shipping every goods I buy and will be responsible for the pick up and shipment of the item purchased from you.

Kindly email me the information below for the payment of the item:

Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Phone Number:

All you need to do is to receive the payment, take the payment to your bank for funds, deduct the cost of the item and send the rest balance via western union to my shipper's information that i will provide for you later on.My shipper will be handling the pick up and shipment of the item from your location.

Happy New Year to you in Advance. Hope to hear from you soon."


Thanks for your post. If not for it, I would have given this guy my information.

microblog mobile status (T-Mobile Dash)